Foodie Friday: Stuffed Bell PeppersI love bell peppers! Whether in my salad or just as a snack I cannot get enough! My favorite thing to make are stuffed bell peppers! They are tasty, healthy and filling!!! Below are the peppers before I put them in the stove yummy 😊!
1 C long-grain brown rice
- 4 large green bell peppers, bottom trimmed, cap end cut off and diced, and seeds removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- One 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the rice according to the package directions, and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté.
Turn the heat up to medium, and cook the turkey until it browns, about 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Once the meat has browned, add diced tomatoes. Lower the heat and let simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
Add the cooked rice.
Cut away the tops of the peppers. Discard the ribs and seeds. Place each pepper standing up.
Once the stuffing has finished cooking, fill each pepper completely. Top with a layer of cheese, if desired.
Cover the pan with foil, and bake for 35-45 minutes, or when the peppers begin to wrinkle. Serve and enjoy!