So running is supposed to be the most inexpensive sport out there, you get shoes and hit the open road! No gym memberships, no trainer fees and etc. But yet sometimes we can spend a small fortune on running gear/attire!
Knowing what you need and what just looks good is important or you can get caught in the hype of buying too much unnecessary gear! Not saying that sometimes I don’t splurge on some workout gear, I just make sure that I am smart with my purchases.
Rachelle and I love the Nike Outlet especially when it comes to getting shoes. Training and running half marathons put a nice amount on wear and tear on your shoes and depending upon the number of miles you put on them they need to be replaced!
Truly for me the only running gear I need are…
- Running shoes: Currently I’m loving my Nike Pegasus
- Fitness tracker: Fitbit and Apple Watch are my favorites with Fitbit at the top because of the challenges with my friends. The Apple Watch is a must for the music to keep me pumped!
- Running belt (to keep my ID & etc in) Etsy has lots of cute options!
- Kinesiotape: Helps keep my old college injury prone knee able to complete the workouts.
- Workout Top & Bottoms: If you are trying to be cost efficient then Target is the way to go! Not just because I love the place, but because their workout gear quality has truly stepped up in the last couple years! The C9 by Champion offers so many great fits, colors and designs that you cannot go wrong! Especially if you have the Cartwheel app and catch them from anywhere to 5%-30% off!
When it comes to workout gear less is more! All the stuff on the market looks cute but truly it’s just for looks!